If you're a long-time reader of Icethetics or its previous incarnations, you're no doubt familiar with my habit of starting lots of exciting projects but, for one reason or another, not seeing them all the way through. So naturally, I'm proud of the fact that one goal was actually accomplished.
That goal was to get through the current uniforms of all 30 NHL teams. Done. And I'm still not ready to call it a day! So what's next for this project? Despite what the box at the top of the page might have you believe, it's not the AHL. That's not on my radar quite yet. Here's my tentative plan, in order:
- Buffalo Sabres: They're the only team left that doesn't have all of their Reebok Edge jerseys represented. (I was trying to put off the Slug uniforms for as long as possible. I'll also do the pre-Edge slug uniforms which were worn for one season only, 2006-07.) I also need to add their 2008 Winter Classic uniform.
- Anaheim Ducks: Like the Sabres, the Ducks current uniforms were actually launched a year before the Edge system took over. So I'll knock out the 2006-07 Ducks jerseys quickly.
- NHL Events: The All-Star Game, Winter Classic and Heritage Classic will get their own gallery pages. (Most of the Winter and Heritage Classic jerseys are currently represented on the individual team galleries so those will be easy to add. The All-Star Game jerseys existed in a previous version of the Galleries.)
- Inactive NHL Teams: There are five inactive NHL teams that will get galleries in the near future. The order will be determined by a reader poll to be posted later on. They will include the Mighty Ducks, Whalers, North Stars, Nordiques and Jets.
- NHL Pre-Edge: I wouldn't feel right about moving on to other leagues while leaving the NHL galleries incomplete. Therefore, my plan is to try to get through as many pre-Reebok Edge NHL uniforms as I can. (At the bottom of each team's page is a list of "other galleries to be added." That's what I'm referring to here.) Once again, you guys would guide the team order on this.
- AHL: Finally, after the NHL galleries are as complete as I can make them, I'll move on to the American Hockey League. (I'm putting off the minors because good, quality photos can be hard to come by and I'll probably need permission from the many talented AHL photographers out there to use their photos.) Still, if it's something you guys would like, I'd be happy to alternate between AHL and pre-Edge NHL galleries when the time arrives.
- Beyond the AHL, who knows? The ECHL or Canadian Hockey League would be the obvious follow-ups and there are lots of other minor leagues out there as well. Ultimately, it will come down to acquiring photos. If you or someone you know is a photographer and would be willing to share pictures in exchange for free links and advertising, I'm all ears!
Any questions? I'd be happy to answer them. You can ask in the comments or shoot me an email.
Related: About the Jersey Galleries